Uralla Shire Council is registered to provide services under the NDIS.
Our service supports you to:
• Be independent
• Be active in your community
• Receive support with personal care, meal preparation and domestic chores
• Be assisted to attend appointments or outings
• Be assisted to spend time with friends
We would love to hear from you to discuss the NDIS and how we could support you. You can phone us on 02 6778 6350.
We provide the service you have in your NDIS plan. We focus on individualised services to meet your needs. Planning that is person centred and keeps people engaged in their communities is the focus of what we do! We assist you to achieve your goals, increase your independence and participate as a valued member of your community.
We can provide:
• Planned, time limited breaks for families and carers including outings
• Respite options that have positive benefits and outcomes for you
• Services that reduce the potential breakdown of your formal an informal supports
• Services that strengthen and maintain the care relationships between you, your family and carers.
• Services to keep you living well in your home such as domestic support and social support
• Access to individual or group programs e.g. outings, events etc
Our current services include:
• Personal care: assistance with showering, shaving, dressing.
• Domestic Assistance: assistance with cooking and cleaning.
• Social Support : to go shopping and to appointments.
• Recreational/Leisure Activities: Picnics, Ten Pin bowling, Art and Craft, cultural community event etc.
• Community Access: Visits to local attractions such as the Library & Art Gallery and Shopping
• Respite: outings or staying at home while your carer is out.
NDIS funding for respite can be used either to provide a carer in your home so that your usual carer can have a break, or to take you for an outing, providing some time out.
The advantage of this service is you can stay within the comfort of your own home, but still receive the care and/or assistance you need, and your carer can have a break from their caring role.
Please contact us on 02 6778 6350 for more information.
Uralla Shire Council achieved Third Party Verification against the NSW disability service standards and ensure our services are delivered against the 6 standards of:
• Participation and Inclusion
• Individual outcomes
• Feedback and Complaints
• Service access
• Service management
We are available to work with you to support your transition to NDIS. Please click here for more information on the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
For more information see below